Mabuhay, Philippines! We all know there is no perfect formula for starting a business, but one thing’s definite: your business is like your own child, and you will need help nurturing it to maximize its growth. The ideal co-founder is therefore someone who will give the same amount of devotion to building your startup, and complements you in the journey.
For the Tech in Asia Manila Chapter, the team hand-picked seasoned entrepreneurs with great experience moving in sync with their co-founders in their business ventures. You will learn the strategies behind picking the right partner, and best practices in enriching your business with your dream team.
Providing us with his insights:
Jason Torres – Jason has channeled his passion and relentless dedication for innovation on information systems by leading numerous software engineering teams for a decade and counting. He has successfully launched startups and companies around the globe namely San Francisco, Melbourne, London, and Manila. Jason’s outstanding portfolio on leadership is exemplified by being the Co-Founder of several tech companies such as Mashup Garage, Proudcloud, ArtisteConnect, Ticketbase, and LawAdvisor.
To cultivate a better discussion through a Q&A Panel, together with Jason Torres are:
Mikko Barranda – Mikko is a real-estate broker who has helped many multinational companies and business processing outsourcing (BPO’s) find suitable office spaces in the Philippines. He is the co-founder of Acceler8 Coworking Manila, wherein they provide an avenue to help nourish young entrepreneurs. Furthermore, while being the Associate Director of the real- estate firm Leechiu Property Consultants (LPC), he also manages the Urban Land Institute Philippines – Young Leaders Group (ULI YLG), a worldwide non-profit educational organization.
Ben Wintle – Ben is the founder and CEO of the widely popular restaurant-booking and food guide app, Booky. He has been busy expanding the app’s reach and strengthening their services by partnering with thousands of restaurants in the country. Currently, Booky has 15,000 partner restaurants all over the metro, and he is optimistic that they’ll be adding on to that remarkable database, and even delving into other businesses outside the food industry, as the years progress.
Event will be moderated by:
Moderator: Miggy Azurin – Founder and CEO of Huskee Digital, Lecturer at Ateneo de Manila University
Date: November 23, 2017
Time: 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Venue: Acceler8 Coworking, LG, 111 Paseo de Roxas, Legaspi Village, Makati City 1229, Philippines
|6:00 – 6:30 PM||Registration|
|6:30 – 7:00 PM||Fill your tummy with some food and drinks and say hi to the person right|
next to you!
|7:00 – 7:30 PM||Brief intro about TIA City Chapters and sponsors|
|7:30 – 8:00 PM||Choosing the right co-founder with Jason Torres|
|8:00 – 8:30 PM||Q&A Panel with Mikko Barranda, Ben Wintle, and Jason Torres|
|8:30 – 9:00 PM||Mingle and Network!|
Limited slots only, so hurry and sign up quick!
Walk-ins are not allowed for this event.
Shoutout to our chapter leads and community partners:
- Christopher Star – Co-Founder and Managing Partner for XS by XS, the
disruptive digital marketing agency under the XS Group of Companies, and the Brand Ambassador for Z.com
- Acceler8 Coworking Manila – A coworking facility strategically located in the heart of Makati dedicated to assisting its members in creating their life’s work.
- Alfox Printing Services – A printing business located in Manila, Alfox Printing provides affordable excellent quality printing services for every business’ marketing and collateral needs.
- GIF Manila – The first live photo GIF in the Philippines is an exciting new concept of social photography and an innovation of photobooth.
- Snippet MEdia – The modern online reading platform that lets users access the latest trending and relevant stories based on their desired preferences.
- Z.com Philippines – Providing top level domain and the best global service for people by delivering premium solutions and innovation in the Internet infrastructure industry.
- Woomen.ph – A web-based platform of services that provides a gateway of opportunities for aspiring artisans in the fashion, beauty, and make-up scene in the Philippines.